Become an Aggie Innovator
At the Mike and Renee Child Institute for Innovation and Entrepreneurship, we believe that UC Davis students, faculty and staff have a responsibility to change the world.
And that we have a responsibility—and the tools, knowledge and expertise—to help you do just that.
We help researchers find a path to commercialization—and help students develop the entrepreneurial mindset needed to solve our world’s challenging social and economic problems.
We believe entrepreneurship is not only about starting a company, making money—or a calling for a select few.
Rather, entrepreneurship is
- looking past the status quo.
- a mindset and skillset to be learned.
- putting knowledge into practice.
- learning the power of the network.
- solving important problems.
- making a positive and lasting change.
Open to all
We are committed to providing access to all UC Davis students, staff, and faculty members who have interest and motivation. We actively recruit and engage traditionally underserved innovation and entrepreneurship communities, including:
- Black people;
- Latinx people;
- first-generation students;
- members of the LGBTQIA community;
- underresourced people and communities.
Explore our programs—and launch your entrepreneurial journey
- Entrepreneurship academies
- Fellowship programs
- Business and poster competitions
- Convening events, from conferences to keynote speakers to networking mixers and more